PageTurners are short, easy-to-read stories for adults learning to read.
Published by PRACE (Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education), the books are designed by experienced teachers to suit the needs of adults learning to read. Aimed to show beginners that reading can also be fun, the books are sometimes funny, sometimes irreverent, and always on topics of interest to adults.
Some features of PRACE PageTurners
- More accessible reading levels than most commercial texts (books range from 100 – 700 words in length)
- Stories appropriate for older readers (no baby books here)
- Suitable for ESL or literacy students
- Illustrated with entertaining cartoons
- A complete word list at the back of each book
- Contain follow-up exercises and discussion topics
- Books are supported by this website with free extra support materials, and a blog.
Listen and read along, with our audio versions
- you can listen to the stories read aloud by the authors here on the website
- on each single book page for series 4-6
- or purchase a companion audio CD for series 3.