Published by PRACE (Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education), the books are designed by experienced teachers to suit the needs of adults learning to read. Aimed to show beginners that reading can also be fun, the books are sometimes funny, sometimes irreverent, and always on topics of interest to adults.
Some features of PRACE PageTurners:
- More accessible reading levels than most commercial texts
(books range from 100 - 700 words in length)
- Stories appropriate for older readers (no baby books here)
- Suitable for ESL or literacy students
- Illustrated with entertaining cartoons
- A complete word list at the back of each book
- Contain follow-up exercises and discussion topics
- Are supported by a website with free extra support materials and a blog
- Though produced by a small, not-for-profit suburban education provider in Melbourne (Australia), PRACE PageTurners suit adult beginners so well, they have become popular internationally, in Canada and the USA as well as Australia and NZ.
Good news! PRACE PageTurners now has a new series out - 10 new fun, easy to read stories. Illustrated with entertaining pictures that help with reading. Ideal for ESL learners and adults and young people learning to read.
- Every book in series 4 and 5 has an audio player on the page.
- All of the series 4 and 5 books now have mp3 audio files you can download and play (for example on an iPod).
Please subscribe to our occasional newsletter. Share your email here:
Follow our blog at pracepageturners.blogspot.com.au
You'll find posts about the books and the authors, background into, ideas for lessons, and stories behind the stories.